For full access to the NICE tools, you will need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself on this website: http://elearning.nice.org.uk/login/index.php.
Commissioning and provider organisations, service managers and local decision-making groups.
This programme examines the NICE guideline recommendations on antimicrobial stewardship, specifically the actions required by commissioning and provider organisations, service managers and local decision-making groups to ensure that effective antimicrobial stewardship programmes are in place and that prescribers are supported to make changes to their use of antimicrobials where necessary.
On completion of this tool learners should be able to:
- List the benefits of changing prescribing practice for antimicrobials
- Describe the elements that should be included in an effective antimicrobial stewardship programme and develop an action plan for your own organisation or service
- Develop systems and processes to deliver and integrate useful supporting data for antimicrobial stewardship programmes
- Apply the principles of antimicrobial stewardship to the introduction of new antimicrobials
- Explain how you can support a change in prescribing practice
- Provide effective support to prescribers, particularly those who are outliers in antimicrobial prescribing practice