For full access to the NICE tools, you will need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself on this website: http://elearning.nice.org.uk/login/index.php.
This e-learning tool is aimed at any committee members involved in evidence synthesis for the production of NICE guidelines. The aim of the tool is to examine the GRADE methodology and its relevance in evaluating healthcare research and developing NICE guidelines. The programme allows you to apply your knowledge to a practice example to aid your learning. If you are a NICE committee member this learning will prepare you for your role in evaluating evidence as part of the committee team.
On completion of this tool learner should be able to:
- Define and explain what GRADE is
- Demonstrate an understanding of how GRADE is used in evaluating healthcare research
- Describe the 5 GRADE criteria and how they are used to assess the quality of evidence
- Apply knowledge of GRADE to a worked example
On attending a NICE committee meeting, learners should be able to:
- Confidently challenge evidence presented to the committee though an understanding of GRADE methodology
- Make a valuable contribution to the evidence evaluation as an equal member of a NICE committee
- Contribute to decision-making regarding recommendations as an equal member of the NICE committee