NICE Systematic Review
For full access to the NICE tools, you will need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself on this website: http://elearning.nice.org.uk/login/index.php.
This e-learning tool is aimed at any committee members involved in systematic review and evidence synthesis for the production of NICE guidelines.
The aim of the tool is to examine Systematic review and its relevance in evaluating healthcare research and developing NICE guidelines. If you are a NICE committee member this learning will prepare you for your role in evaluating evidence as part of the committee team.
On completion of this tool learners should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of systematic review, and that the process is prospective
- Describe the components of a review question
- Describe and understand the components of a review protocol
- Demonstrate understanding of inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Outline different search strategies
- Outline the first steps of evidence synthesis
- Demonstrate understanding of the different ways that the evidence might be presented.
On attending a NICE committee meeting, learners should also be able to:
- Confidently challenge evidence presented to the NICE committee through an understanding of systematic review
- Make a valuable contribution to evidence evaluation as an equal member of a NICE committee
- Contribute to decision-making regarding recommendations as an equal member of the NICE committee.