North TEL: Management: Behavioural Based Interviewing
Behavioural based interviewing is interviewing based on discovering how the interviewee acted in specific employment-related situations. The logic is that how you behaved in the past will predict how you will behave in the future i.e past performance predicts future performance. This module gives you the skills to identify and understand the principles of behavioural based interviewing and how to apply those skills in an interview situation.
By the end of the session you will be able to;
- Identify and understand the principles of behavioural based interviewing
- Identify the key skills used
- Identify strategies to use when interviewing
- Be clear what to do to ensure that correct appointment is made for your business, service or function
- Understand how behavioural based interviewing is part of the recruitment cycle