This module will assist primary care practitioners to help patients with mental health problems navigate their pathway of care by explaining how services are generally provided in England.
After completing this module, you should:
- Understand the current commissioning structure of the NHS
- Be aware of treatment and advice that may have been accessed by the patient prior to attendance in primary care
- Understand the Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) services which may be available
- Have knowledge of the mental health service
- Be aware of third sector agencies
- Be able to identify any gaps in the patient’s care pathway.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
2016 BMJ Publishing Group Ltd