The main focus of this learning object is depression amongst older people. The learning object begins by highlighting some of the problems with defining and diagnosing 'depression' and then goes on to discuss the estimated numbers of older people that are thought to suffer from the condition. Next you will consider what makes people more or less vulnerable to developing depression in later life. Finally you will look at effective treatments for depression and explanations for why it so often remains unrecognised in older people.
Search the NHS eLearning Repository
The eLearning Repository is an extensible 'search and discover platform' to support the discovery and sharing of eLearning objects and learning resources held both within the Repository and at external locations.This includes:
- A discovery platform specifically for learning materials
- A centralised repository of NHS eLearning assets and knowledge
- A channel for the eLearning, mobile learning and simulation communities to publicise and share their works
- An information product which allows the NHS community to shape and to contribute
- A catalogue of local content (CoLC)
NHS staff can log in to view more resources. Find out more.